My very first Sunshine Blogger Award task!
I didn’t know what Sunshine Blogger Award was, before I suddenly found myself nominated by the sweet Chloe, from www.chloechats.com – you can find her on Twitter on @ChloeChatsBlog. I can only recommend you visit her blog, because you will find lots of interesting posts, like Dealing with Interview Anxiety or the newest (as I’m writing this) and highly relevant post on Seasonal Affective Disorder. And there are plenty more from the same “pen”. To those of you that may not know the rules, you will get a quick walk through here:
- Say thank you to the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked by the nominating blogger.
- Then nominate 11 other blogs.
- Give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your chosen nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
11 QUESTIONS FROM CHLOE CHATS
1. If you were only allowed to eat one thing for the rest of you life, what would it be?
This is really difficult, because I love food! My first go to answer is chocolate, but I guess I can’t live on that. So if I should be wise enough for my age, I’d probably go with lasagna filled with beef and power veggies. But honestly: I’d rather have the chocolate.
2. What fictional character would you love to meet in real life?
Too many to chose from… I think I’m torn between Iron Man, because I want to learn to work all his gadgets – and maybe he’d make me my very own superhero suit. But then there’s Black Widow, aka Natasha Romanoff, because… WOW! Sorry, but I’m gay and she’s on fire. Signing up for fighting lessons any day. Just for that, I’ll throw you a ‘Tube clip.
3. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
4. What is the best thing you have ever cooked?
One New Years Eve I prepared an oxe roast, that was so moist and tender and perfectly spiced – haven’t hit that sweet spot since.
5. What’s the most ridiculous thing someone has tricked you into doing or believing?
Hard to choose! Santa, Tooth Fairy, God…
But actually I think my brother takes the trophy on that one. When I was about 3, we lived just across the street from the local church and cemetary and it was surrounded by the chunks of trees with bulky stems. One night he told me that those bulks were the heads of trolls watching me. I not only believed him, but my imagination was and is so extremely vivid and visual that I actually saw the trolls running from one tree to the other – I was terrified for weeks!
6. What weird food combination do you really enjoy?
None, really. I prefer most of my foods separated (Aspergers trade) and the things I combine are pretty straight forward. Although I did make a chili-apple-cinnamon jam last month… does that count?
7. Where’s your favourite place to visit?
I’d usually say Scotland, because I fell in love with it after a class trip in 2000.
But Slipknot is performing at Iowa State Fair in their hometown Des Moines for the first time ever in 2019 – so until that is a thing of the past, I’ll dream about that, probably day AND night!
8. If you were stuck on an island and could only bring 3 items with you, what would they be?
A lighter (for surviving), an emergency flare (for the rescue) and Corey Taylor’s “You’re making me hate you” (for the entertainment). Wrote a review on that one by the way, you can read that by clicking the link.
9. What’s your favourite animal?
Gotta go with the cats here – I have three. Crazy Cat Lady!
10. If someone narrated your life, who would you want the narrator to be?
Corey Taylor! His audios of his own books show a talented narrating quality and I’m pretty sure that he would know to set the right tone for some of the shit I’ve seen.
11. What’s the one song that you always put on repeat?
I’m so addicted to music that this is impossible to answer. Music is sort of the best friend I have and depending on the mood, the songs and playlists vary a lot. I do have one particular go to song for when I’m struggling with the mental side of things and that is Slipknot’s “XIX”, which I also have tattooed on my arm. The lyrics sink in deep and remind me, at times I wanna give up, to keep fighting.
I’ll leave the song for you here…❤️
11 QUESTIONS FOR MY DEAREST NOMINEES
1. On your blog, if you could collab with anyone of your choosing, who would it be?
2. What brand/product would be a dream come true to work with?
3. If you could resurrect and have a conversation with anyone dead, who would it be?
4. Name one blogging tip, that you’d wish you’d known from the get go.
5. What would you like to achieve with your blog in 2019?
6. Why are you blogging?
– and now the lighter sunshiny questions….
7. Describe a happy childhood memory.
8. What can make you all bubbly inside – in a good way, of course?
9. What 3 positive characteristics would describe you best?
10. If you should do something achievable right now to make your smile light up the room you’re in, what would it be?
11. Why aren’t you doing it? 😉
And now, my Ladies & Gentlemen, it’s time to reveal the 11 smashing, exciting and absolute lovely nominees.
The chosing was hard and painful, because lately I’ve come across soooo many beautiful and lovely people in the blogging community, that I’m quite honestly at loss for words. Each and every one of you bring a little light into my life and I just want to give you all bear hugs for that.
But here’s the nominees for The Sunshine Blogger Award:
1.Tim Willow – let him introduce you to the term #blonkers
2.Joy Olsen – new blogger, with a lot on her mind and heart.
3.Chloe Elizabeth – one of the first I myself got connected to blogwise, kindest person
4.Some kind of 50 – new blogger, no quick words – check it out…like…NOW!
5.Ivy Doyle – lifestyle and beauty, so kind and supportive
6.Rosa Tremaine – As bright and clear as the colour of her hair, fellow geek
7.Sadiye Booker – you will find a true treasure here as far as career and blogging goes
8.Courtney Weirdwildflwer – she has a project of encouraging ppl to stay weird. What’s not to like??
9.Olivia Jade – another treasure, the work on the photos are amazing itself.
10.Breanna – a lifestyle blog, with a slight and classy twist. Love it.
11.hellobexa – your eyes are going to love you, you will smile, this is a treasure of creativity.